Hey there, I am not sure if this is the right place but I am a solo game developer, and I need help rebranding my game. The current name is “Resuffer” and I had many players who tried it come to me and say “I love it but I almost passed on it because of the suffering thing in the title… It ain’t that hard…”
As I kept getting this feedback, I came up with a list of different names. But I am not a native English speaker. So, I’d love to have some feedback. Before I give you a list of names, here is what the title is trying to describe. The game is aggressive and action-packed in a psychotic theme where all the enemies are dancing to dark techno music.
Here is the list I came up with:
– Psycho Banger: my favorite as it has two meanings; (1) Psychotic absolute banger music (2) Someone who bangs/hits psychos which are the creepy enemies in the game.
– Psycho Dance / Psycho Dancer (Both are a bit too close to a game called Crypt of the Necrodancer)
– Psycho Beat / Psycho Pulse / Psycho Pulser (All three are inspired by a game called Thumper)
– Technosis as in Techno Music + Psychosis
– Rogue Dancer (Seems more like a rhythm game than action to me)
– Rogue Runner (Entirely dismissive of the music aspect of the game)
– Rogue Hopper / Rogue Caper (Just extra names that came out of nowhere)
– Brainworm / Earworm (Sound more like a story and art-focused game rather than an action-packed one. Also might be confused for a game about actual worms)
So, do you have any thoughts? Any preference? Suggestions? If not, what do you think of the name Psycho Banger? What kind of vibes and emotion does it give? Like is it cool, cringy, or obviously made by someone who isn’t a native speaker?